Preventing Heat-Related Illnesses
Please stay indoors in air-conditioned areas if the temperature and heat index are high. Try to avoid going outside, but if you must go outside, take the following precautions.
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothing.
- Protect your body from the sun by wearing a hat or using an umbrella.
- Use sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Drink water or other fluids every 15 to 20 minutes, even if you don’t feel thirsty. If your urine is clear, you are probably drinking enough fluids. Dark-colored urine is a sign that you’re dehydrated.
- Avoid or limit drinks that contain caffeine (such as tea, coffee, and soda) or alcohol.
- Take frequent breaks from the heat and outdoor activities.
The Reviews Are In…
The LITA Organization
Love Is The Answer receives grants to help many communities in the area. We are extremely grateful for their support into our Music & Memories program and bringing in fun variety shows for our Residents.
We had a group of singing messengers come in sponsored by the Interfaith Council of Contra Costa. They brought props and sang a wonderful selection of Broadway songs that all the residents enjoyed! Thanks to all the performers!
The circus show was a success everyone had an amazing time watching all the performers. Here are a few highlights.
Check out our Gallery for more pics.